Customers who subscribe to the Volvo Truck Gold Service Agreement are automatically entitled to enjoy the benefits of Uptime Promise.
Volvo Gold Service Agreement Added New Service
Volvo Trucks Malaysia (Volvo) believes it has pushed the boundary on customer service with the recent launch of Uptime Promise, a newly added service to its Gold Service Agreement for after-market support.
This Uptime Promise is a unique feature as it provides monetary compensation to customers who have a truck on breakdown time that exceeds Volvo Trucks’ committed time to put the truck back on the road. This customer-centric programme is the first of its kind in the market and was launched in conjunction with the Malaysia Commercial Vehicle Expo (MCVE) 2019.
The Uptime Promise is designed to give customers extra protection against unplanned standstills and offered as part of Volvo Trucks’ continuous customer satisfaction enhancement effort. Apart from financial compensation for truck downtime, Uptime Promise offers benefits such as safe and dependable repairs carried out by highly skilled Volvo technicians, minimum loss of time and income, and maximum truck uptime.
Mitch Peden, Managing Director, Volvo Trucks Malaysia, shared: “We understand how important uptime is to our customers in securing their profitability. At Volvo Trucks, our main priority is to minimise the risk of a breakdown and should one occur, to get the truck back on the road as quickly as possible. Through our Gold Service Agreement and Uptime Promise, our customers could maximise uptime driving, increase maintenance efficiency and protect their trucks with protection plans customised to their business needs.”
Customers who subscribe to the Volvo Truck Gold Service Agreement are automatically entitled to enjoy the benefits of Uptime Promise. They would receive monetary compensation of RM300 per day for any breakdown exceeding 12 hours from the time of the telephone call to Volvo’s Customer Care Centre hotline to request for Volvo Action Service support, though this is subjected to terms and conditions.
“Volvo Trucks is very proud to be the first truck brand in Malaysia to introduce this unique compensation benefit to our customers. Uptime is an important parameter to drive customer satisfaction because unexpected downtime affects business profitability. We are confident that with this newly added service, we could reward our customers for their trust and support in us, while further elevating their level of satisfaction with Volvo trucks,” Peden added.
In addition to the launch of the Volvo Uptime Promise, Volvo Trucks also featured its new Active Safety Package at the show.
“The Active Safety Package is our safety support solution that could streamline the planning and execution of safe driving on the road to the benefit of the drivers of our trucks and the wider community. Safety is our core value; this enhanced feature introduction is part of our continuous effort in driving progress towards achieving our goal of zero accidents involving Volvo trucks,” Peden shared.
The Active Safety Package includes advanced and innovative safety features aimed at assisting truck drivers in retaining their attention while driving under the fast-changing traffic condition. The package consists of these features: deed
- Volvo Dynamic Steering with stability assist enables the truck’s sensor to monitor the truck’s rotational speed and activate the system to help the driver steer and stabilise the vehicle if any skidding tendency is detected.
- Back-up monitor offers excellent visual supervision behind the truck during reversing or when coupling the trailer to the truck.
- Lane keeping support alerts the driver when unintentional deviation from the lane is detected. With the Depart Warning System and Lane Keeping Assist, the truck would alert the driver and automatically make the necessary correction when the truck continues to deviate from the driving lane.
- Driver alert support is an extension package to lane keeping support. If the driver shows signs of inattention, the system activates an audio-visual alert.
- Lane changing support helps to prevent accidents while changing lanes. When the turn signal is engaged, the lane changing support would alert the driver if there is a vehicle in the blind spot.
- Adaptive cruise control with forward collision warning and emergency brake maintains the truck within a safe distance to the vehicle in front. The driver would receive alerts if the distance to the vehicle in front is at a critical range and emergency braking would be applied when there is no reaction from driver.
如今，签订沃尔沃“金牌服务协议”的客户将自动享有“出车率保证”保障。只要符合条规，客户卡车因故障停驶超过12个小时后（从拨打沃尔沃客服热线寻求沃尔沃行动服务- Volvo Action Service算起），便能获得每天300令吉的现金赔偿。
除了推出“出车率保证”，沃尔沃也在该展会中推介全新的卡车安全配备（Active Safety Package）。