Mary has over 20 years experience as the editor of our Malaysian sister magazine, The Tyreman. Based in Kuala Lumpur, she writes articles for us on the Malaysian and other South East Asian markets.
Phone: (60) 3 7781 1323
In the effort to widen its collection, Dongfeng Commercial Vehicle (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd has added DFSK Super Cab into its product portfolio.
Managing Director Lim Khoon Yee revealed that the company did a survey on the usage habits of the Malaysian commercial pickup segment before they decided to bring in the DFSK Super Cab.
“We found out that the cargo capacity for a pickup is generally between 2-3 tonnes with maximum capacity around 3 tonnes, and the average daily mileage for a pickup user is between 100 to 300 km. 90 per cent of the commercial pick-up users are drivers, whilst the remaining 10 per cent are owners and mostly travel between rural and urban areas,” he said.
The cargo volume, fuel consumption, power, appearance, interior and design, he pointed out are the product factors that directly influence customer purchase decision, while the non-product aspects are a low payment rate, good resale value, easy repair and maintenance, as well as a reference group. Super Cab, he stressed, is the new generation pickup of DFSK that offers best-in-class power, loading capacity, cabin space and superior quality. Compared to the other brands, it not only meets but far surpasses the above-mentioned needs and requirements.
“The Super Cab can be used in a versatile manner, such as transporting heavy goods like construction materials, furniture and heavy equipment that require strong chassis, strong engine power and large payload. Carrying agricultural goods, plants, animal husbandry, perishable food is also viable as the Cab can withstand corrosions of materials, whilst offering a large cargo space to ensure maximum transportation with minimum downtime. It is also ideal for micro businesses including night market traders, wholesalers and retail businesses, electronic digital products, clothing, daily necessities and the food truck business. Last but not least is the servicing industry, for example catering, expedition and even use as a mobile advertising truck, just to name a few.....”
Are you enjoying reading this article. Click here to read more...
Make sure you don't miss a single issue
Click here to subscribe and we'll make sure of it.